Sunday 18 October 2009

New listing: hot pink beret

My latest creation is definitely the most vibrant thing I've made so far:


This is a one-off as I only had one ball of the wool! The button decoration was hand made by another Folksy seller, the lovely Chumley, whose shop is a wonderful emporium of all things button-y.

It was the first time I'd made anything with Rowan Scottish Tweed wool. On the plus side the intensity of colour is great, and the wool has an interesting texture which produces a nice structure in the finished hat. On the other hand it was a different gauge to the kind of yarns I prefer working with, and I did have a couple of sticky moments when stitching it together as the yarn broke when I pulled it tight! I got there eventually though, and I'm happy with the finished hat.

2 comments: