Tuesday 27 October 2009

"Just because you can...

...doesn't mean you should."

The above is one of my personal mottos which can be applied to myriad situations in which people (myself included) can get muddled between what is possible and what is wise.

One craft blog that seems to share a similar philosophy is What not to crochet. Essentially, a showcase for things people have misguidedly decided to create with a ball of wool and a crochet hook. It frequently makes me laugh out loud and ponder the sanity of some of the designers.

Maybe I'm being harsh. I find the crocheted balloon dog quite fascinating. And maybe the world really does need hemp bikinis, octopus hats, woolly camera lens 'protectors' and items both decorating the outside and celebrating the inside of... rats.

I'm clearly in the wrong game

2 comments:

  1. Oh! You know, I actually love that balloon dog! Isn't that awful?! Not in yellow, mind. Red, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It *is* strangely appealing. Perhaps because you know it wouldn't burst and scare the living daylights out of anyone.

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete