Monday 2 November 2009

Crafty update #1

So the basis of the tied poll I ran, I opted to make a start on a purple beret. So far it's looking great - the wool is a gorgeous ripe plum colour. Just right for Autumn!

I'm trying to out a different idea for the shaping of this one. I've been making berets with a bit of extra slouch to them (compared with a classic style) to reflect the current trends. Previously I've been doing this by creating an asymmetric pattern with more 'weight' at the back. This time I'm going for a symmetric one but longer in the 'body' of the hat. Fingers crossed! I'm also making this one in a smaller size, due to some requests to that end. My usual berets really do fit most people due to the rib, but I think people who know they have small or medium heads maybe feel more confident buying something that is 'their' size.

In other news, I was delighted to find myself featured on haptree's post about Folksy shops awaiting their first sale! I can totally understand why people are nervous of untested sellers, but everyone had to have a first sale at some point!

Go on - be brave! 

No comments:

Post a Comment